Sunday, July 18, 2010

Lake Nacimiento

The lakehouse we stayed in.

The views from said house.


The boat slip where we parked every evening.

The extremely steep pathway we traversed, carrying ice chests, wet towels and life jackets, and kids. Ugh!

We saw deer EVERYWHERE, eating right out of people's yards and walking across the street in front of us.


This was a trip full of "firsts" for us - Sophie came out from under the dash and rode up front, I wakeboarded (so sore the next day, thought I was going to die), Adam got back on a tube after over a year of only riding, I drove the boat while Chad tubed, we played games together and laughed a lot. Yay!




Kindly ignore the bad form!



Megan had a bad wipeout while wakeboarding. Face plant!







Lake Nacimiento narrows into a canyon which stretches on forever and isn't crowded. This is where we saw a bald eagle snatch a fish right out of the water right in front of us. Having never seen a bald eagle in person before, this was a highlight.

Back at the house...



Chad's very favorite vacation activity: reading a good book on a soft couch with beard stubble, and comfortable (read: sloppy) clothes.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Looks great! I love that house! I grew up boating w/ my family and love it! I have the best memories.. as I'm sure your kids will too. Although, I've never been to Nacimiento. Looks like a beautiful place!

kstalder said...

The walk to your house reminds me of the walk to mine...carrying twin carseats, groceries, bags, etc. No fun! But the trip looks awesome and you took some great pictures. Thanks for sharing!

rebecca said...

You look great on the board, and you look amazing in that suit! Woohoo! I love trips to the lake so much! David's family has been going to that lake every year since the beginning of time, but we've never stayed in a house like that! Despite the steep climb, it looke like a nice place to "camp". :)

AmyJune said...

Can I go in your suitcase next time.