Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Chad's 40th Birthday Party

Chad turned 40 on August 14, and since he has been really moaning about getting old, I knew I needed to mark the day with something special. I wanted to take him on a trip somewhere exotic, but just as I was investigating Belize, Bali, and Puerto Rico, I realized that I was looking into trips that I wanted to take...not Chad. So I asked him, "What would you rather have for your birthday? A trip, or a party?" And Chad responded, "Both!" So, we went to Lake Powell and I threw him a big party, complete with colorful Japanese lanterns and balloons, Wood Ranch, and a designer cake that was PERFECT for Chad. He loved it! And all the fun really helped him to accept that, yes, he is over the hill. ;o)









6 comments:

Nicole said...

It was a great party! Great video you put together also! Chad is so lucky to have you! Happy 40th Chad!

Mike & Dawn said...

Thanks Laura for posting these. I've been waiting to hear how the event went. Did he like the video?

rebecca said...

Thanks for turning 40, Chad, so we could have a fun night celebrating with you! The cake was awesome and you did a great job on the slide show. Happy Birthday!

Laura said...

Yes, Dawn, he did like the video. It was perfect! I will burn you a copy and send it to you as soon as my life calms down a bit. Thanks for sending me the pictures - I sent them back to you immediately after I scanned them. Classic!

kstalder said...

That's great! Hope he eased into the 40's...glad he's doing it first! Happy Birthday Big Brother!

AmyJune said...

I love that cake. And the best part was that it tasted good too.