Saturday, April 24, 2010

I'm a Runner: 10K Edition





This was a weird race. Due to the fact that people kept passing me by, I figured that I would be the last one in. I was running as fast and hard as I could, and I was still being passed. I got really discouraged - I kept thinking that racing just wasn't for me and that I should stick to running around my neighborhood. Then when I hit the finish line and saw what my time was, I about passed out (well, I was about to pass out anyway!). All those times that I ran 6+ miles in my neighborhood, I never finished it in less than 1hr. 15 min. But this time I finished the 10K in 1 hr 48 seconds!!! A personal record! So that means that my average pace was about 10 min. per mile. Maybe I should try running a 10K again sometime...
It's always nice to find out that you are better than you thought you were.

7 comments:

kstalder said...

You rock! I think that's wonderful!

Teri said...

We love PR's. Keep it up, you are an inspiration!

Mike & Dawn said...

Proud of you Laura!!

rebecca said...

Aaaaaah! You're amazing. You are better than you think you are. Having second thoughts about that 10k next month. I don't know if I want to eat your dust! :)

AmyJune said...

oh think of all the good gospel analagies on that one. you are so inspirational. Way to go Laura!!

Laura said...

Chad here--Laura, you are so awesome! I am so proud of you! I'm such a lucky husband.

Nicole said...

Way to go Laura! I'm so impressed and proud of you!