
Sam has asked to play football several times in the past two years and came home asking about it again two days ago. Although Sam is our least athletic kid, this football request actually didn't come out of the blue. When he was a toddler, Sam used to watch football games on TV for at least 15 minutes at a time (which I think is fairly unusual for a toddler). Plus, Sam has two buddies at school who have played football for several years and they sure make it sound like fun. Megan has always wanted a football-playing brother and she is excitedly encouraging Sam to play.
So in the spirit of letting my kids try whatever sport they are interested in (you never know...he might actually be good at it!), I signed Sam up for Moorpark Packers football. With trepidation.
When Chad got home from work, he asked Sam about this football thing, and warned him that it would be rough and he would probably get hurt. Sam's reply? "Oh, Dad, it's ok. Football players wear a lot of armor!"
4 comments:
please post some pictures of him in all his armor. :)
Now you know how much I love football! Hope I can be down there for one of your games. I agree with you, football players do wear a lot of armor!
That sounds fun! Blake wants to play also, but we missed the sign-up cut off date. He's my little guy so it sure makes me nervous. Maybe I shouldn't worry so much since they apparently wear so much "armor"! ha ha
Go Sam!
Post a Comment