But its ok, we can still have fun! Our ward had a big Halloween carnival and trick-or-treating (from classroom to classroom) and of course we had our traditional trip to the pumpkin patch in search of magic pumpkins. Sophie wanted to be one of the "Twelve Dancing Princesses" from some Barbie movie - we did the best we could - but where the costume didn't measure up, I just added make-up and glitter, and she felt beautiful. So fun. Sam decided to be a stick figure. I loved the idea but it didn't end up like we pictured it. The face paint added a sinister look to the ensemble and Sam was so disappointed when he made some little tiny kids cry at the ward party. Adam was an army man complete with two weapons (which were heavy - he ended up ditching them in the car halfway through the party). Megan worked the carnival as Pajama Sam (a character from a computer game the kids used to play when they were younger) and then went to a friend's party later. Chad and I didn't dress up this year and were actually kind of anti-social...we just sat in our classroom and handed out candy. His ankle was hurting and I just didn't feel up to a lot of chit chat after my surgery (shout out to my wonderful sister, Teri, who came and saved our family while both Chad and I were laid up. She stayed for 1 1/2 weeks!!! Who DOES that?! She got the kids' costumes started while she was here in addition to all the other stuff she did and I think we will owe her until the day we die. Love you, Teri!)
And today we went to church (funny thing - the power went off in the church building right before the Sacrament hymn and after a bit of confusion and scared kids, we went on like normal with the Deacons passing the Sacrament in the dark. They were so reverent and took their Priesthood duties so seriously. I got a little choked up.) Then we let the kids gorge themselves on the candy from the ward party. It was a lot less candy than on normal Halloweens, but that is not a bad thing! Sunday night, Megan, Adam, and Sam went to their Stake Christmas Choir practice and came home singing Christmas songs and full of the Christmas spirit! So funny.




Now Halloween is over...on to my favorite holiday: Thanksgiving!!
3 comments:
Cute Halloween costumes. I liked Sam's stick figure. Very original.
All Megan had to do that night was come home and hop in bed.Unlike Miss Sophie who had to remove all the glitter and make-up. And, what else would we get from Adam. Watch out or you'll be shipped out to Afghanistan.
Why didn't you guys go to the Pinneos party?! Missed you guys.
I love Halloween. It did feel different this year though. I'm waiting to see pics from New Years Eve??
Post a Comment