So yeah, Chad broke his ankle when he slipped on the aforesaid floor. It was ugly. An ambulance came and everything! The whole group piled in and went to the local hospital in El Monte (NOT EXACTLY a nice neighborhood!) where Chad was pumped full of morphine and left to wait until I could get there. I had them put a temporary cast on it and brought him back home - I swear I heard gunshots as we drove away. After a lot of searching, we found an orthopedic surgeon who (get this!) met us at an Alliance gas station at 10:00 pm to look at Chad's X-rays and got him on schedule to have surgery the next morning to put the whole mess back together. 10 pins and a metal plate later, Chad was good to go. But it took FOREVER for the poor guy to be able to put any weight on it and he lived on crutches (ouch, the armpits) and a wheelchair. Thanks to our friend Joe who drove him to and from work.
Can I just say how grateful I am for a hubby who helps me? Because while Chad was out of commission, I REALLY missed him!



And, yes, Chad's toenails are painted - he let Sophie paint them. I think we're just lucky they weren't pink.
4 comments:
Hey, just to let you know that I finally mastered it and got on here.
I enjoy reading about the exciting times you all have. Keep it up!
Amen to what Dorothy said. I check in nearly everyday! Keep 'em coming!
Yikes! That looks horrible.
Sorry I haven't checked your blog in a while! This is an old post - but the first pics I've seen of Chad's ankle like that. Wow! I guess he's retired from airsofting now? Just a spectator in future? Sorry Chad!
Post a Comment