Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011




Great Mother's Day this year:

1) Chad baked cinnamon and orange rolls (Pillsbury) for breakfast. Which I ate while getting ready for church. I dislike breakfast in bed...the crumbs in the sheets are annoying.

2) Sophie and Sam gave me the gifties that they made at school - Sophie's bejeweled butterfly pin (seen pinned on my shirt above) was beautiful and she assured me that there were 52 jewels on it!!! I wore it to church. It matched my dress. Loved it! Sam made me a picture frame which needs a picture of us - I'll have to get working on that right away.

3) The kids hugged me and sang to me and linked arms with me during the whole of church. And colored cards for me.

4) I came home to a delicious dinner of pot roast, vegetables, rolls, and a special surprise, yams and apples (complete with marshmallows on top) heh heh, and peanut butter chocolate ice cream. I didn't have to prepare it and I didn't have to clean up. Except for the crock pot and dessert dishes. Those were in the sink this morning.

5) I got to sit on the porch swing, smelling the honeysuckle that is blooming like crazy in the backyard, and chatting with my Mama for over an hour. I love that lady!

6) Then, I got to wear a very special crown, made by Sophie, out of printer paper, plastic spoons, and blue flowers glued to bobby pins (left over from Megan's prom hair ensemble), while I opened my gifts. An electric can opener, some candles, 3 packs of gum, the game "Farkel", a new shower head, and some really sweet cards from my hubby and kids. It was great!

7) And the very best part of the whole day??? NO FIGHTING!!!

The day ended with a little tiny bit of mother's guilt...can't really have a Mother's day without it...but I got over it pretty quickly. I had a great day! Thanks, Chad, who headed the whole thing up - he is really wonderful with holidays. And my much-loved kids who held in their annoyance with each other until today. Love you guys!

3 comments:

Mike & Dawn said...

Glad you had such a fun day. Aren't days without sibling fighting the best?!

Nicole said...

Sounds perfect! You do have a great family! Glad they took good care of you - you deserve it!

Laura Barker said...

Sounds like quite the mother's day! I am glad you got over the guilt pretty fast; there is just no need for that on mother's day :)