2012 has been the biggest year for our family so far. In Feb. Sophie got baptized.
In April, Megan turned 18.
In June, Megan graduated from Moorpark High, and we went to London for 9 days. Also in June, Sam turned 12 and was ordained a Deacon.
In July (next week), we are moving to Newbury Park.
Also in July, Adam will be turning 16 and getting his driver's license, and be ordained a Priest.
In August, Chad and I celebrate our 20 year wedding anniversary.
Also in August, we will be taking Megan off to BYU. And who knows what will happen after that! Hopefully things will slow down a bit after that.
The move. Everybody wants to know what prompted us to move. Truth is, I have been praying for over 4 years for a way to move, but when the economy crashed, we lost all the equity in our houses so we couldn't afford to sell. Then one day a few months ago, a friend called about renting our other house, and in a flippant comment, said, "or the one you're living in now!" It was like a lightening strike. I immediately started doing my homework - what would this do to our taxes, what it would cost to move into a comparable home, and where homes were available. I had to work to sell Chad on the idea, but it didn't take long. After a month of frustration when we couldn't find a home anywhere, we just decided to leave it up to the Lord. He knew what would be best for our family.
And a few weeks later (while I was in London), Chad called and said that he found a perfect home in Newbury Park. That was the LAST place he wanted to move, but we feel good about it, and when you leave something up to the Lord, you take what He hands you. Its going to be great. The house is bigger than our current house, with a backyard like a resort. Its closer to the office.
And the ward.
We haven't even attended the ward yet, and our kids have already made friends. Megan and Adam went to NP youth conference and met a bunch of kids...Adam especially hit it off with a kid there and they are already best friends. Hallelujah, finally! I don't know why the Lord didn't show us a way to move sooner, because I knew if we could just get Adam and Megan in with a different group of kids, they would be fine. Everyone in the entire family is excited about this move. It will be a fabulous new start for us and I am so happy.
Every day, I see amazing answers to prayers and feel such peace. Its a beautiful place to be. But of course, there is stress too, as with any move. Once we get all moved in, its going to be a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to decorating the place.
I feel so blessed. My hubby is such a great provider for our family and that allows us a lot of freedom that we wouldn't otherwise have. My kids love each other and enjoy spending time together. Many nights, all 6 of us pile up together on our big bed, playing games on various iPads and iPhones, and laughing at each other. And I get text messages from Megan AND Adam all the time, telling me that they love me. I don't think that is the norm, for teenagers. I love it.
So its been the biggest year for our family, but its going to end up being a fabulous year!
Friday, June 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so happy for your family! The Lord really does move in mysterious ways! We have seen that in our own housing decisions and all has worked out for the best. Your family has been a great example for us, especially in how you tight you are and how you stick together. You guys must be doing something right :) We miss you already--your family has left a hole in our ward that can never be filled. Thanks for all your service! Good luck in all your exciting changes and we look forward to seeing you around.
Post a Comment