Some days, I just reflect on these years and want to cry. I had SO MUCH FUN during these years! It was so great to watch my kids participate in a sport and gain the self-esteem that comes from working hard and accomplishing something to be proud of. I moaned and groaned about sitting in the stands for hour after hour but really, it was so great. When we decided to move to NP, and I headed over to MPHS to pick up Adam's transcript, I cried when leaving the campus. I knew I wouldn't be back, and we had some really great years at that school. I still miss MPHS. I haven't bonded with NPHS like that at all, but maybe it is because Adam only ran one season of cross country here. When I go to NPHS, my memories include talking to the principal and the campus police about Adam's suicide threat, and then watching my son being loaded into a police car to be delivered at a mental facility. Not so great.
But anyway.
Now I have this to look forward to:
I don't know if Sophie will ever get to play high school sports. She is enjoying home schooling, and truly, I can't see sending her to public high school when the atmosphere is so awful and the educational standards heading down the toilet. So once she hits 8th grade, that may be the end of it. Which makes me so sad. I'll have to do some research. Maybe there is something she can do! Meanwhile, I'm going to enjoy the next 4 track and soccer seasons and just soak it all up.
And try to find something Sam can do. Bike racing, maybe?


No comments:
Post a Comment