I consider women who think they need more religious philosophy and less gospel doctrine to be prideful and immature. There, I said it. If they made a serious study of the Book of Mormon and other scriptures, conference talks, prayer, and temple attendance, they would understand that there is a depth to the doctrines of the gospel that is enough for anyone! I have heard these women complain that the doctrines of the gospel that the church leaders present are lightweight and "milk instead of meat". "One size fits all", "not enough for a Progressive Woman, or a Mormon Feminist". What are they talking about? Every time I read the Book of Mormon, or attend the temple, I learn something different, because in that moment, I am experiencing a different challenge than the last time I read or attended. I don't have to turn to alternative sources to find religious enlightenment. And I am not a stupid lemming of a woman. I have self-respect, an education, and I don't run along behind men everywhere I go. The difference, I think, is humility and maturity.
In the past 10 years, I have had challenges that changed my life and rocked my world. Like most people. I'll tell you, I have been humbled! And that humility has sent me straight to my knees. I have prayed harder than I ever prayed before, and I have had my prayers answered in marvelous ways. Including through scripture study and listening to the voice of the prophet. I have had spiritual experiences in the temple that are sacred to me and gave more knowledge and understanding (more "meat") than any other single source. One of the definitions of humility is being teachable. This is what I have become, and my teachers are my Heavenly Father, His Son, and His representatives on this earth. And of course, my challenges. I learn a lot from my challenges. These "progressive" women are walking a fine line in thinking they need more than that. Maybe what they need are more challenges!
1 comment:
Now I am curious as to what blogger you are referring to.
Post a Comment