Sunday, August 24, 2014

Oh, holy overwhelming August!

So here's what I have been doing the past month: packing, hosting 4 different sets of out of state company (ok, to be honest, most of them were super helpful and I was grateful to have them visit), packing some more, putting together an epic moving sale, moving, cleaning, unpacking, hanging like a bazillion curtains, shopping for decor items, unpacking some more, organizing, calling utilities and sitting on hold for HOURS (and I am NOT exaggerating!), cussing at Verizon (because we had no internet, cell, or TV for a week after we moved in), getting Adam all packed and ready for dorm move-in, driving to UT to get Adam all scheduled and set up for school, then saying goodbye and driving back home, still unpacking, having landscaping installed.  And all the emotions (stress, anxiety) of those events.  To put it bluntly, I am exhausted, with no relief in sight.  Because school starts for Sam and Sophie this week and I have to jump into homeschooling again.  Plus I have no excuses anymore for neglecting my calling, so back to YW.

But.  I am feeling SO BLESSED!  I can't believe we have our dream house.  It was such a trauma-filled experience, getting this place, and I still don't know how we did it.  Truly the biggest roller coaster I've ever experienced.  It was a series of miracles!  Plus, Adam!  Other than some minor manic behavior, he is doing awesome!  Jumping into the social stuff with both feet, making a ton of friends, and getting geared up for classes that start tomorrow.  He is so happy!  I can't believe how big that miracle is.  Just makes my heart melt/sing.  And I am not as big of a mess as I thought I would be, which is so great.  Maybe because I have not had a spare minute to think about it…but so far, so good.

   

No comments: