Sunday, October 19, 2014
Dying of anemia, what?
Remember last post when I complained about how painful my runs have gotten? And how I wasn't sure I was going to be able to run that half marathon I signed up for? Turns out that I am not the loser that I thought I was. I'm not out of shape. I am severely anemic. I had a full blood test last week and when the results came back, my doctor called me and started quizzing me all about bleeding - when I told him I have really heavy periods, he said, "call your OB/GYN, you need a hysterectomy." Which scared me to death. Anyway, after visiting various doctors, I am scheduled for an iron infusion tomorrow and uterine ablation surgery on Friday. My doctor ordered me to stop running for at least a month. I can't even run up my stairs. The low hemoglobin really taxes your heart, and he said that I could pass out at any time. Worst case scenario, heart attack. Watch out for that anemia, its a doozy. I just can't wait for everything to level out. I want to feel good again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment