Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mama Pride

I know pride is not a virtue, but I think it's ok when it's your kids that you are proud of. My kids have been making me kind of happy lately, and I figured I had better write about it before frustration crowds the pride out.

Megan: Last night, Megan got a Coach's Award at her HS JV Soccer team banquet. The coaches chose Megan for this award because of her attitude - they said that she took their criticism well and immediately went back out on the field and fixed her mistakes. I love that she got an award for attitude - a good attitude will take her a long way in life!

Adam: Scored 104% on the last THREE Science tests (and there is no way he could have cheated, as I made sure to keep the book with me, and I don't have the answers for science tests). Adam also is kicking it with guitar - he can play a ton of songs and practices every day. He also joined our community track team, and ran the 100m and the 200m last week. He wasn't the fastest runner, but he did cut 3 seconds off his time and finished 3rd. But my favorite part is how he is getting along with the guys on the team. He has been practicing his social skills and is really improving!

Sam: Has been picking out his own clothes for school every morning for about a month now and has been picking weather-appropriate AND matching clothes! (ok, they may not match perfectly, but at least they don't clash. And he wears his cub scout uniform at least once a week too...) Also, hasn't forgotten to brush his teeth. These may sound like small things, but they help me considerably in the mornings! Sam is just such a positive kid. Talk about a good attitude! He needs an award too.

Sophie: Has been doing better with her nail-biting, with the help of the nasty-tasting nail polish. She was also very brave when she got her Kindergarten shots on Tuesday.

Chad: (he counts!) Has started learning "Stairway to Heaven" on his guitar. He might be able to play me a song soon!

6 comments:

Mike & Dawn said...

Thanks for all the comments on your 4 (5?) kids. As their proud grandma all I can say is I love and miss them a lot! I KNOW THEY ARE SPECIAL!

kstalder said...

That's great! Your kids are so sweet and we love them all. ps. Where did you get that fingernail polish? Savannah needs it...

Laura said...

Target pharmacy.

Jill said...

They're great kids!!

Teri said...

I am proud of MASS, too! I'll bet their just as proud you are their mom.

Nicole said...

What a great post! It's so good to remember those happy moments! Our kids always can use more praise!