Don't you hate it when you have a bad dream about your husband? It seems so real that when I wake up I am still mad at him (and he usually hears about it too!). Last night I dreamed that he forgot my birthday, wouldn't sit by me at the movies, made me make lunch for all his employees using hamburger buns, cheese, grapes and potato chips, got mad when it wasn't that great of a lunch, bought two big, beautiful cakes for the dessert but they WEREN'T for my birthday, and then tried to cover his behind late that night with a "Jose bouqet" (a bunch of flowers purchased from the guy along the road).
Seems like a random dream, but here's the background:
1) My dad is famous for not remembering my mom's birthday until the last minute, then handing one of us kids a $20 and saying, "go buy your mom a nice gift and a mushy card" which, although we always laughed about it, sort of made me sad. (Although he did make up for it all on their 50th wedding anniversary by buying her two big Lladro figurines, which she LOVES)
2) I went to see "My Sister's Keeper" alone the other night - a chick-flick that Chad would NEVER watch.
3) The lunch? I have been watching back-episodes of Top Chef (while I fold laundry), the show where contestants are given certain ingredients and must make a gourmet meal from them.
4) I've also been watching "Ace of Cakes" and "Cake Boss" (I've been folding ALOT of laundry!)
5) Chad HAS covered his behind with the "Jose bouquet" before. And although I do enjoy the flowers, they are usually dead by morning, which is how I know it is a Jose bouquet.
Ok, after interpreting the dream, I'm not mad at Chad anymore. Thank goodness, because that romantic couple's camping trip is tonight!
Friday, July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
lol. didn't we just talk about this?
Post a Comment