The "we embark" obligatory self-portrait. You can't see it but the back of my Tahoe is full of camping equipment, none of which did I have to load!
I did help with the putting up of the tent. But it wasn't hard at all!
I had a lot of fun playing with the lighter fluid and charcoal. Eventually it all got hot enough to cook the foil dinners. In my past experience, foil dinners took F O R E V E R to cook. Not this time! Within about 30 minutes, they were done.
This picture doesn't do the meal justice. It was delicious, and the meat was so tender! Chad was so proud of himself, and I gave him plenty of positive reinforcement. I didn't get a picture of our dessert (what else? S'mores!) - delicious! Chad insisted on roasting my marshmallows for me - I usually get a carcinogenic mess, but his were nicely browned on all sides. (Lots of practice on Scout campouts, I guess.)
The obligatory "we just ate and now we must hug" self-portrait.
After taking this picture, we retired to our tent and watched a movie on Chad's laptop, which he had lovingly charged up ahead of time. I've never watched a movie in a tent. It was all very different and fun and romantic. And yes, we zipped our sleeping bags together. :o)
After about 4 hours of sleep (due to loud and drunk fellow-campers who just wouldn't shut up!) we got up and Chad got started on our breakfast burritos (eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, cheese all wrapped up in a tortilla).
Just as we were breaking camp, we saw this colorful friend wandering through our campsite. Peacocks wander freely throughout Steckel Park - such fun to see them up close!
On the way home, Chad and I talked about what we could have done to make the camping trip even better. The list was very short: bring earplugs, iPods, and sleeping pills. Otherwise, it was wonderful and we plan on going again!
4 comments:
Wonderful! I'm so glad you had a great time. There is love in that obligatory "we just ate and now we must hug" self-portrait.
That is adorable! Love the up-close pics. Those weekends are waaay needed sometimes.
Good for you! Who babysat? We've had a coupon for a free night at a B & B for over 2 years now and have not yet used it...been married longer than you, I guess.
I totally forgot you guys were planning this... and I remember you didn't seem too excited. lol Looks like it turned out perfectly! Where was it, by the way?
Post a Comment