Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A romantic couple's getaway...

Its been almost two years since we had a couple's getaway. So I have been searching for a nice hotel, not too expensive, preferably with a spa attached, and a nice restaurant.

But Chad had a different idea.

He LOVES camping.

I don't.

I never sleep well and have a really hard time without running water and all the smoke from the campfire.

However, he hit me up with an offer I couldn't refuse. Chad proposed a one-night campout at Steckel Park (which he says is beautiful) - NO KIDS - during which he will take care of EVERYTHING except the grocery shopping for his world-famous foil dinners (filet mignon, potatoes, carrots, onions, and butter). Every day, out of nowhere, he plants little seeds of encouragement ("I'll make you pancakes in bed" or "We can zip our sleeping bags together!"). I kept trying to find excuses for putting it off, but he acted so hurt! So I am going camping on Friday and I will do it with a good attitude and an open mind. And I'll probably survive.

4 comments:

nikki said...

I thought people only went camping with the kids so they could have those experiences....wow...he must really love camping! You'll have fun, it will probably be very relaxing!

AmyJune said...

Don't let your husband talk to my husband !!!!!! He wanted to go camping for 2 days of our honeymoon, and I got him down to one.

kstalder said...

That's adorable! Have fun!

Nicole said...

I think that's adorably sweet! I hope it was fun! I'm waiting for the "results" post.