Adam with BYU Cross Country Head Coach Ed Eyestone.
Adam has been gone for 1 week and 2 days. He went to UT for cross country camp at BYU, what an awesome opportunity for him to meet some awesome runners, I am so excited for him! It really helped him catch the running bug, I am really looking forward to this season. He'll be running for a new team this year, Newbury Park High School...that could be bad, or good, depending on how you look at it. But I think it will be good. He will have the opportunity to run Varsity if he works hard.
Anyway, this week he is at EFY and so won't come home until Saturday. I have missed him. Especially when I need something heavy lifted, haha. On the other hand, things have been so much quieter around here...
I don't know what it is about me that makes me a chronic worrier. Chad loves saying that if there isn't anything to worry about, I worry about that! And he is right! I feel anxiety almost every day, about all kinds of things, stupid things and not so stupid things.
Today I am worried about my sister, who I called this morning and asked to take Adam to the airport, and she was crying but wouldn't tell me why.
I am worried about all the repairs that need to be done on all our houses - two rentals in Moorpark and the one we're living in.
I am worried about the remaining annoying boxes that need to be unpacked. Trying to find new places for old stuff...well, that is kind of a fun worry.
I am worried about Sam finding friends. He is the only kid who is struggling with fitting in here. I hate one of my kids suffering social angst, but all kids seem to suffer social angst at some stage of their lives. And Sam is such an odd kid, going through such an odd stage in his life. 12 is tough. And man, is he annoying - constantly quoting movies, books, and video games (and I don't get ANY of them)! I need to be more patient with him.
I am worried about getting my butt out on the road. I have really gotten out of the habit of exercising regularly and my sanity and my butt show it. I hate the butt, and I doubt if I would need to list out these worries if I were working up a sweat more often. However, I can't do much without my sciatica acting up and that makes it hard. I am thinking of getting a second opinion...my neurologist said that I just need to stop anything that makes it hurt, the chiropractor told me that I need to get adjusted three times a week, buy the vitamins and minerals that he sells that are super expensive and not covered by insurance, and get counseling for negative energy and emotions. Yeah, right. Something tells me that he just wants to make money.
I can bike. I just need to do it.
I am worried that my hives will never go away. I am hiving almost constantly these days. I hoped it would get better after I got us all settled but they are worse. I started taking Benedryl in addition to the zyrtec/zantac cocktail twice a day. It makes me drowsy but has been helping somewhat. The constant itching makes me really ornery and I've been yelling way more often than necessary.
So I am worried that I'm yelling too much and my kids will suffer for it.
I am worried about getting Megan all ready for college. Need to make a list and start getting things checked off. I can't believe how fast the time is rushing by, and I know I will miss her but be excited for her at the same time.
But, guess what? Fall is coming! My all-time favorite season! I look forward to Fall all year around. And this year, I get to go to UT for Conference and spend some time with Megan and Mama and maybe if I'm lucky, some sisters. I'll get a look at the fall foliage in an area that actually gets some real Fall weather. I'm excited about that!
And after I drop Megan off at college, Mama is coming to stay with us for a few weeks! She will keep my mind off missing Megan. Plus I feel like I should be spending as much time with my Mama as I can, she isn't getting any younger.
We are told by apostles and prophets that where there is faith, there is no need to fear. I am working on my faith. I have been practicing turning things over to the Lord - this whole move was an exercise in faith and is turning out to be mostly great. And I know that if I trust in God and have faith that everything will turn out to be good for us, then there won't be nearly as much to worry about.
As President Hinkeley said,
“Things work out, it isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out, don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in him, if we will pray to him, if we will live worthy of his blessings, he will hear our prayers.”
I will do my best, it will all work out.
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Laura-- that last quote from president hickey was so great. Exactly what I needed to hear. And it's so fun that your blogging again!! I love reading them!
Post a Comment