Saturday, August 11, 2012
Partied out!
We had a birthday party for Adam on Thursday. He insisted that he wanted a sweet sixteen party even though he left for XC camp and EFY within days of his actual birthday. I was willing but had some misgivings. Meg never had a sweet sixteen party. I felt so guilty about that that I took her to London in June. Which was fun and amazing but she had PMS and was right on the edge all the time, exacerbated by the marvelous (not!) weather and jetlag. So not exactly the same as a big party, but I digress.
I wondered how a party for Adam would go. Haven't had good luck with those in the past. But, I heated the pool, rented some lights, bought pizza, candy, soda, cake. Hooked up music. Lit the fire pits. And the kids started showing up...and showing up...and showing up until we had 28 kids there! It was amazing. And everybody seemed to have a great time. Meg said that there was segregation between the NP kids and the MPK kids, which was kind of sad but probably to be expected. Just the fact that everybody showed up was pretty great. Adam loved it, and actually, so did Megan. Those MPK2 (and some lovely girls from MPK1) kids are so awesome. They are really the ones who gave Adam what he needed to build his confidence and hone some social skills. He wouldn't be who he is today without them. I hope they know how much I appreciate them. Of course, they created a beast (haha), which has opened a whole new can of worms, but I can deal with it! Its a happy can of worms!
This house was built for parties. The backyard is a total party yard. I have had to stretch my social wings a bit and we have truly had one party after another. Friends over almost every day. Sunday dinners with guests practically every week (those are killing me, cooking stresses me out. I'd rather bake any day!). It is so much fun! Lots of great changes, such a blessing to be here. I am even more assured that the Lord has a hand in all things, and if we exercise faith in Him, it will all work out. Now if the dang hives would just go away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment