A calling in YW is super busy but really rewarding! I look forward to getting to know those 15 Beehives and learning all that they have to teach me. They'll think it is the other way around, but I know the truth. The truth is that the learning has already begun. :o)
Sophie was so upset when they released me from my calling as Activity Day leader. She thought, for some reason, that I had chosen to be released and asked for this new calling. She pushed me away in tears and wouldn't speak to me all of Sac. meeting. But I explained to her that callings come from the Lord. I didn't make the choice, but the Heavenly Father did. And I explained that she could come to our activities (since Chad is involved in YM, and obviously, Adam and Sam are there too). When I was set apart, the Bishop mentioned that Sophie would be able to come to the activities and learn from the older girls. I peeked and Sophie was smiling big. Our bishop is so great.
I love this ward. It is a pleasure to serve here. I've had three callings in the past year that we've lived here, and every one has been great.
1 comment:
Those Beehives are sooooo blessed to have you for a leader!! I have wonderful memories of your service as a YW advisor and counselor (or was is secty? I am getting old.) You are amazing! Love and miss you.
Post a Comment