Saturday, June 1, 2013
My proud, aching heart
We took Meg to the MTC on Wed. I'll post more about the days leading up to that another time. It was such a bittersweet day and I have had very mixed feelings ever since. But Meg was ready and she marched off into the MTC doors without looking back once even though I was standing there watching with tears streaming down my cheeks and Sophie was wailing. I kept telling Sophie that she needed to cry more quietly because we didn't want that to be Meg's last memory of us, a bunch of blubbering idiots. I was and am so proud of Meg. She will be the best missionary ever. But here's the odd thing, something that I feel a little ashamed about. I used to text, FB, or call Meg about 25 times per day when she was at school. Especially right before bed. I would often send her a little inspirational quote or just a how are you. Then we would text back and forth for just a few minutes but it was enough for both of us to feel connected. Now that I can't do that, I am going nuts. I have written to her 3 times, sent her a package, and literally check the email about 800 times per day, just hoping for a response. And she's only been gone 2 days!!!!! It's killing me. I feel empty. I miss that connection. It's not really getting much better but maybe I haven't given it enough time yet. Ya think?? I'm not much good at this missionary mom stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment