Everybody who lives in Ventura County CA knows, June is a gloomy month. We call it June Gloom, and it is in the lower 70's (there is steam rising off my pool in the mornings!), and overcast almost the entire month. It is not summer weather at all. And yet, the schools let out for the summer between June 7-15. WHAT is the point, I ask you? Nobody wants to go swimming or to the beach when it is so dang cold. My suggestion is that the last day of school should be the very end of June, and the first day of school should be the last day of September, when it is so hot and the kids come home hot and sticky and want to swim. Where is the logic of the current schedule?!
You may be wondering why I am whining about this since most of my kids are homeschooled. Well, we do our homeschooling through a great charter school and of course, their programs start on August 23rd, and end on June 7. I need to talk to them about that.
Anyway, I got the power bill yesterday and about passed out. I don't even want to say how much it was, you would all pass out too. The pool is probably the biggest offender, but it wasn't this expensive in the winter, and we run the filter about the same amount of time every day. Also, think about all the extra power that is used at Christmas when we run all those decorative lights? Is it possible that the power company is jacking up the cost of electricity on the same schedule as the school year? Sounds logical. And lame. So it really scares me what that bill will be in August and September when it is REALLY summer!
Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment