Thursday, January 2, 2014

Good Riddance, 2013! Hello, 2014!

I bet a lot of people feel that way about the past year, regardless of what year it is.  It is always more interesting to look forward to the unsullied and hopeful future than to brood on the past.  I made a lot of mistakes in 2013.  Plus it was just a really hard year.  I'm ready to move on.

But, there were a lot of things I learned in 2013 too.  So I'm grateful for them.  And many of the blessings that we'll receive in 2014 got their start in 2013.  So, there was a lot of good too.

But anyway.  2014.  In the interest of being positive even though 2014 did not start off well (Adam), here are the things I am looking forward to this year:

1) Adam graduates HS.
2) Our house should be completed in July/Aug, and we will be moving in.
3) Adam goes off to SUU.
4) MEG COMES HOME!!!
5) A trip to Fiji, maybe.
6) Sophie will be getting her ears pierced on her 10th Birthday (a rite of passage with the Wright girls).
7) Track season.
8) Soccer season.
9) Sam will be turning 14, dances?  Youth Conference?  Holy Cow.
10) I don't have to throw any birthday parties this year because last year was our party year.  I only throw birthday parties every other year.
11) I'll be a lot thinner this year.

Goals?
1) Maintenance. Will. Be. A. Beast.  My goal is to learn to conquer head hunger.
2) Save money for house/furniture.
3) Be a better homeschooler.
4) Strengthen testimony through scripture study.  Share it more.
5) Maintain a spirit of love and prayer in my home.  Don't let difficult situations force the Holy Ghost out.

If I can make it through the first half of the year, then the really great stuff will follow.  So I guess my 6th goal is endurance.

Here we go!

1 comment:

Becky M said...

Love all of your goals and your goals of things to look forward to.