…not decorating the house for Christmas. I feel like Target! Too soon! Give Thanksgiving its fair share in the season! And Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, I am usually defensive on its behalf. But Thanksgiving will be kind of anticlimactic this year because we aren't going to New Harmony for the traditional big family reunion weekend. I will miss that so much! Plus who the heck will I cook for? My kids would rather eat pizza. Chad's lucky I invited the Sister missionaries. At least 3 people will enjoy the turkey!
Anyway, I don't know if it is just that Meg will be coming home so early in December and has requested that we have the house all decorated and magical. Or that we will be hosting a bunch of Christmas parties and I'm already feeling stress (I've been thinking about those parties for a month now). Or that I am so filled with anticipation for having the whole family together again, AND with Adam stable! I guess that last one is probably it. Christmas just isn't the same without Meg. She brings the music into the whole holiday, and organizes a beautiful Christmas Eve FHE - last year, without her, was kind of pathetic. Of course it didn't help that Adam was in a REALLY BAD place and there was so much tension in the house (Sorry, Mike and Dawn, that you had to experience that! Wish you could be here this year!). No matter how high my expectations are, this year can't help but be an improvement!
Also I am excited to decorate my new house for the holiday. We'll have two Christmas trees, and I am totally changing the style of one of them, we're going more rustic to match my kitchen and family room. I think it will be beautiful.
And, confession time. Sophie and I have been singing Christmas carols in the car. We are working on harmonies. Is that so wrong? :)
Counting the days!
Saturday, November 15, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment