Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Weird weight loss

My hemoglobin count is stubbornly staying under 9, in spite of two iron infusions (however, the doctor was encouraged that my red blood cells weren't as "shriveled" as they had been…"they're starting to plump up").  But the doctor says it will take time so I just have to be patient.  But here's the weird thing.  
In spite of the cells plumping up, I am losing weight!  I'm not trying.  But I am down 4 lbs in the past couple of weeks.  126 - haven't weighed that since about 5 months after my wedding.  The nurse asked me what I was doing to lose weight (I have to weigh in every time I go) and I just had to shrug.  The only thing I can figure is that I am getting more energy back and so I am moving around more and eating less??  Anyway, I feel like I am getting plenty to eat, so that isn't the problem.  I don't know.  But if this keeps up, I'm going to have to go clothes shopping again…(eye roll)…oh bummer!

I don't care if I have to have iron infusions once a month for the rest of my life, the bypass surgery and the results of it are SO WORTH IT! I'm living a dream.  I spent my entire life gaining, losing, gaining, losing, gaining, gaining, gaining.  I hated the scale with a passion.  Everywhere I went, I felt like people were looking and talking behind my back.  Like I didn't measure up.  Like I wanted to hide.  The insecurity and lack of self esteem were sometimes overwhelming.  Wow, it is miraculous to not feel that way anymore (well, mostly.  sometimes I go back there without thinking)!  I still have depression and sadness sometimes, and worry almost constantly over the dang kids, but I don't eat it away like I used to.  I can't.  I feel like garbage if I do!  But I don't miss it at all.  I really don't.  

This morning I woke up wanting to get out and at least walk.  THIS IS SUCH A GOOD SIGN!  So I think I'll head out for a little while.  :)
  

No comments: