Friday, October 17, 2008

Don't underestimate the Housewives!

This is in response to an insulting comment on one of my posts on a particular blog (you know who you are), which said, and I quote: "It makes me ill that a bunch of housewives are sitting around in their homes planning attacks on the civil rights of other human beings."

Let me tell you a little something about housewives. We are the women who went to college and got an education, but chose to stay at home and nurture our kids - to provide that gold-standard upbringing for children. Our children are cared for by people who actually love them, yes, you guessed it, housewives. We are the women who volunteer in the classroom. We are the women who organize huge fundraisers for schools, scout troops, and youth groups. We serve in the PTA. We drive our kids to sporting events, music lessons, playdates. We are the women who are there when our kids get hurt or just need to talk. Our priority is the future. Our goal is to make America and the world better by raising children who are well-adjusted, good citizens, who will stand for something, with courage. "The hand that rocks the cradle, rules the world". We know this, and accept the challenge readily.

Don't underestimate housewives. When the future of our children is in trouble, then you just watch those claws really come out! You think you insulted me by calling me a housewife. Let me tell you, there is no other group of women on earth that I would rather band together with. And we are changing the world one child (or in my case, 4) at a time!

8 comments:

AmyJune said...

Amen Sista!!!!

Cari said...

You go girl! I'm with you!

Jill said...

Housewives RULE, jerks on the internet DROOL!

kstalder said...

Your'e incredible, Laura. Thanks for speaking for all of us!

Helen said...

I was going to write exactly what Amy wrote, I guess you can't hear it too many times....Amen Sista!

Nicole said...

You go Laura!! Well said!!!!!

Jen O. said...

I got yer back, Laura. Way to defend it all !!!

Stacy Wilson said...

Good Work!