And Yes on Prop. 4 (parental notification for abortions - can't believe that is actually up for vote!), and, oh yeah, Yes on Sarah Palin (you go, girl! ;D), and Tony Strickland.
Via Absentee Ballots, my hubby and I sat down and exercised our right to vote tonight. They make those Absentee Ballots kind of difficult, but I read the instruction card 3 times. Since you have to use a blue or black ball-point pen, and we could only find one in the house (I like those gel pens), we shared a pen and had a together moment...awww. We didn't even argue about anything this time! (In the past, we have cancelled out each other's votes, or in one desperate act of rebellion, I actually hid his ballot from him, and then filled it out myself. We were disagreeing on a local measure regarding land development. It took awhile, but he forgave me!) The most important thing, besides making sure to connect the right arrows, is to sign on the back of the envelope. They won't count it if it isn't signed. Then I put way too much postage on it, and tomorrow I will take it to the post office. Simple as that! It feels so great to vote!
Monday, October 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Devin and I voted last night as well. Isn't it illegal to fill out someone else's ballot?!? Maybe you need to talk to the Bishop!
Hahaha! Yes, it would have been illegal if I had forged his name on the back of the envelope and turned it in without his knowledge. As it was, Chad signed his own name and mailed it in himself. The only thing we disagreed on was that one measure, and he wasn't mad enough to turn me in...
I talk to the Bishop everyday.
It's almost midnight and I'm filling mine out right now! Yeah for the internet to be able to research some of these names I've never received any info on!
That is hilarious that you hid Chad's ballot. Mike and I cancelled each other out on several things this year as usual.
That's funny you hid his ballot. Good thing he's a forgiving guy and loves you! lol
Yeah for America and Yeah for voting!! I loved hanging out with you tonight for one last push! Go Prop 8!
Post a Comment