We were privileged to have a couple of angels at our house this week, ministering to our needs during a difficult time. These angels go by the names of "Mom" and "DeAnn", and they look just like my normal mom and sister, but they saved our whole household this week and I know who they really are! They must be angels, to leave their families the week before Christmas and stay here with us, driving my children all over town, cooking, cleaning, watching movies with Sophie, telling bedtime stories, taking kids shopping, and even helping Adam with his home school assignments! And, taking care of a very sick me (I just had gallbladder removal surgery on Monday, and the anaesthesia made me so sick!).
I did not plan on needing any help with this surgery. I did not want anyone to come and take care of us, because I thought I would be fine. But somebody knew differently and sent those angels.
Thank you, Mom and DeAnn! And Thank you, all the other angels (sisters Teri and Kay, among other dear friends) who weren't here in person, but were here in spirit. You sent flowers, called and checked up on me, brought in meals, and still continue to lift my spirits when I get discouraged with slow recovery. I am so lucky to have angels in my life!
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I had no idea you were having surgery. I'm glad you're okay and that your angels could help you.
I hope you're feeling better. Thank goodness for angels!
I was kind of embarrassed to talk about it. I mean, gallbladder! How romantic...NOT! So not very many people knew.
We're so glad you're feeling better. Thanks goodness for tender, caring women in our lives to help us! God bless.
I had no idea!! Please call me if you need anything. Brian is here so I can help without any extra appendages. You wouldn't think something so small(gallbladder) could be so painful and disruptive. I had an inflamed gallbladder write after I graduated from High school. Totally miserable experience and I was a parent yet. How very frustrating for you, especially during Christmas.
Did you have gall stones? I can totally relate, I had my gallbladder removed right after I had Jacob, I still have the stone if you want to see it! Hope your feeling better!
I'm so sorry I didn't even know you had surgery. You looked great the other night at your party, so you must be feeling better. I'm glad your family was able to help you recover and rest.
Post a Comment