Monday, June 29, 2009

Adversity

I got to teach a lesson in RS yesterday based on an amazing talk by Elder Wirthlin. It was titled, "Come what may, and love it!" The basic premise is that we will get much much more out of life if we learn to enjoy the experience. This hit me particularly hard, since there have been a few trials in my life that have really thrown me. I realized that all my worrying and anxiety over the years has stunted my spiritual growth, and kept me from accomplishing many things. Bummer to have received that little nugget of personal inspiration at 37...but better now than never! Resolve: to laugh things off more. My fam needs more laughter, my kids need to learn this skill, I'm going to start today. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

kstalder said...

Isn't it wonderfu when the teacher gets taught?

Laura said...

Happens to me every time!

Mike & Dawn said...

I just loved that talk. Good advice for all of us. Good luck!

Nicole said...

It was a GREAT lesson you gave too! Thanks for all your preparation and inspiration!