Monday, March 22, 2010

Family Home Evening

1) Opening song: We Thank Thee, Oh God, for a Prophet, sung in 4 part harmony (Adam has started singing bass!!!).
2) Sam's turn to teach the lesson. He used a lesson that the kids brought home from a Primary activity...read it straight off the page. He DID look up three scriptures all by himself.
3) Sophie played with the dogs the whole time, once looking up and announcing, "I can see Lacie's brain." She was looking up Lacie's nose.
4) 5 minutes later, we had closing prayer (given by Megan, who speaks faster than anyone I know) and then ate homemade scones.
It's a good thing we are being obedient and having FHE every week. I can clearly see that my kids are getting SOOOO much out of it...

2 comments:

dorothy said...

Don't judge your family home evenings by how they appear to be. You'll be surprised what you learn about them 20 years from now. I want to look up Lacys nose next time I visit!

Becky M said...

I'm not sure it counted as a real FHE - I didn't see any fighting or complaining in your post! ;)