At the risk of this turning into an Adam-only blog, I am posting another one about him. But I promise that I will at least mention my three other wonderful beloved children!
Let me just tell you about this week so far. Adam went back to school yesterday (Monday). When I picked him up, he was HAPPY!!! I asked him how his day was, and he said, "fine". (!!!!!) When he got home, he went for a bike ride (!!!), then got out his Eagle paperwork (he only has to finish up the paperwork and schedule his Board of Review before he can get the dang thing, and I told him he better hurry up and get the Eagle before BSA starts accepting gay scout leaders in May because if they do, I quit BSA. I hate the whole stupid bureaucratic system anyway.) and started looking at what he needed to get done!!!!! Then he looked all over the house until he found his scout book and the binder with all his blue cards. Then he was nice to Sam!!! And this morning, he got up for seminary!!! I am so crossing my fingers that this lasts because he is happy, and so are we!
BTW, I didn't mention that Meg got her mission call to Fiji, one of the main reasons that she is going (she says) is so that our family (Adam) will be blessed. She is such an angel and I am convinced that when I volunteered to mother Adam, the Lord said, "Ok, you can have Megan then. You're going to need her." And Meg and I were excited because we were best friends in the pre-existence. It resonates with me so let it be.
I am homeschooling Sam and Sophie. It has been great with Sam, but Sophie is going back to public school next semester. I get the theory behind homeschooling, but I have been so overwhelmed with my life lately that I have not been able to give her the attention she needs. I feel like I am failing her. The reason why Sam has been good is that he is doing it all online. When he needs help, he calls a teacher on the phone. It is great, he loves it, and he is getting GREAT grades. He is a self-starter and that makes it all so much easier. I want to give each of my kids everything that they need to succeed in life, and recognizing that they each have different needs, I am hopping all the time. If I just didn't love them all so darn much! Haha.
Well, back to work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment