Monday, September 30, 2013

It's my blog, I'm allowed to whine a little

So, no email from Meg this P-day.  I have heard from other missionary moms that this sometimes happens when their missionaries are serving in the bush (or on tiny islands out in the middle of the ocean) but not in Suva, the biggest city in Fiji!  So I don't know what is going on.  My first thought is that her companion was too sick to leave the flat.  Her companion does have health problems.  My second guess is that her companion (or maybe Meg) called an emergency meeting with the ZL's, DL's, or Pres. Klingler for some reason.  Maybe Meg, in her outspoken way, offended a ward member and got tattled on.  Maybe there were just a bunch of meetings that she had to go to.  It wasn't time for transfers, and it wasn't time for a new intake.  So I'm pretty sure it wasn't because of that.  I checked the weather - no hurricane or monsoon that would knock out the internet service.
Of course I am worried.  What mom wouldn't be?!  If I don't hear from her today then I will call the mission office.  I haven't called them since Meg (or the pres.) didn't email to let me know she arrived safely (and I know some of the elders did get to send off an email, so we were entitled)...so I can't be called "That Mom", can I?  I wish I just had an email address for the mission couple.  That would be the easiest and least embarrassing way to contact the mission office.  Maybe when I call today I can ask for that.  I will promise not to send a lot of emails!  After all, I only want emails from my missionary!
I am the lousiest missionary mom on this planet.  Most of the ones that I talk to are blasé about their missionaries - not keeping daily track of how long they've been gone and not obsessing about their emails...Or maybe that is just what they say.  I don't know.  I just know that I miss her and I worry about her in that unfamiliar place.  Her letters are not always very upbeat and that worries me too.  I REALLY hope that I'm having a harder time than she is!  That is my prayer.

No comments: