And now, I'm happy! My life isn't perfect yet, but Adam is certainly happier! (which does make me happy) He seems like he is out of the deep depression now and just lazy and rude. Ugh! This is one of the things I hate the most about having a kid who has bipolar: ups and downs, ups and downs, nobody knows what will happen or what to expect tomorrow...or even in ten minutes. Searching for stability! Still praying.
So tomorrow I am going to the temple with the youth to do baptisms. We have an investigator (who might as well be a member, she knows the gospel better than most of my Beehives) and she is dying to go to the temple, but of course, cannot go inside. I have volunteered to stay with her and go to the Visitor's Center and walk the grounds until the other youth are finished. I would love to be able to participate with the rest of my girls, but this will be great too. And I can take Sophie with me, since Chad and the boys will be inside doing baptisms, and all the Beehives that I would hire to babysit will be at the temple. Sophie loves being with the Beehives!
I feel lucky. In this world, where there is so much evil and degradation, I have a way of life that spares me most of that. I am happy to be a Mormon. It has given me a wonderful life so far. Not without challenges, that is for sure. But a place to go for strength that is steady and sure. A community that provides support and the opportunity to think outside of myself. A place of constant learning. My dad once said that even if the gospel wasn't true, the lifestyle was the best way to live. I agree. But the gospel IS true! Bonus! I love that I know where I lived before I was born, and where I will go after I die. There is a lot of comfort in knowing that when this life is over, we will all be perfected. I am actually pretty excited to see how people change when they aren't controlled by illness or handicaps in their lives. It gives me a lot of hope.
Yay, Fall is here! I endure summer so I can get to Fall. Well, not really, but kind of. So today, I am happy.
P.S. I love that Nyal Manwaring. He is the best friend Adam has ever had.
Friday, September 20, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment