Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Shin-splint solution

It may interest a few of you to note that there is a solution to the painful and debilitating condition of shin-splints. I spent the past three weeks whining and complaining to many, and finally I complained to the right person who gave me a suggestion that worked...like a miracle, it worked!
When I get home from a walk/jog, I now wrap an extra large bag of frozen peas around my shin. I tried it out on Monday, just on one leg to see if there was any difference in comparison to the other leg. Wow, what a difference! And I would have thought that the cold would be very uncomfortable, but it wasn't at all - in fact, it felt soooo good. Yay!

3 comments:

nikki said...

I was going to ask you on Sunday how your running/walking was going.I'm happy for you Stick with it!

Jill said...

That is why "I choose not to run."

Nicole said...

I'm with Jill.
But good info to know, "just in case."