
Oh, things have been so crazy (for my entire adult life?) for the past month. School started, including homeschooling for Adam (which has been going really well, but is still a major commitment), Seminary started (which means a 5:30 am wake-up, just to make sure Megan is up and to have family prayer before she leaves with the Bairs), I'm still working part-time at Chad's office, and to top it all off, Chad has another love in his life, with which I cannot compete...his BAND. For the past month, he has been gone three nights a week and usually Saturday mornings for band practice. Who knew that 5 hairy old men and a microphone would be so attractive to Chad? :D Anyway, suffice it to say, I have been working overtime and I think Chad started to feel sorry for me (guilty?) because he took over the household last night while I escaped and ran away to the Pantages theater for another showing of Wicked. I met my Mom and sister, DeAnn there (they are Wicked newbies, visiting from Utah) and we had the BEST time (in spite of the fact that there were four Brokeback Mountain devotees sitting in front of us...oy!) Wicked is just as good the third time as it was the first time. After listening to the soundtrack for well over a year now, I still got chills during all my favorite songs. Ahhh...what a great night.
Now, the reason Chad has been so band-happy is because he is playing at a big gig - his Patient Appreciation Carnival at Freedom Park in Camarillo TOMORROW - this event typically involves anywhere from 350-500 people. All I can say is that I can't wait until it is all over so I can have my hubby back.
7 comments:
I'm so jealous! Not of your busy life but to see "Wicked" 3X I LOVE THAT SHOW!Did you get the $25 tickets? Tell Chad to "Rock It" tomarrow
No, my Mom didn't want to risk not getting tickets, so she paid for all of us. (Thanks Mom!) I don't know if I could have tested fate twice - I'm not usually a winner, so that 1st time was especially sweet...
Jealous! I love Wicked. We'll be there to cheer for the hairy men and their band tonight! Can't wait. I'm happy for you that you'll have your hubby back soon. :)
OK, I'm jealous...Wicked and a good concert! Post pictures of the band.
Teri, they've improved a TON since you came to their garage rehearsal last year. The drummer is even talking about looking for an agent to handle bookings for them...um, I'll believe that one when I see it. But Tim Cooley (who is rhythm guitar and back-up vocalist) has a daughter getting married in December, and she wants the band to play at her reception...
Oops, AND they were asked to play at a political rally in October...
Aaaahhh... WICKED! Remember the first time? sigh...
We had sooo much fun and I finally got the DVD last month and have REALLY been wanting to go again before it's gone. Glad you got another chance!
Post a Comment