Sunday, March 29, 2009

Another typical "Laura moment"

So I decided to take the opportunity of a semi-not-too-terribly-busy weekend and holiday Monday to go off on a little private getaway for some personal rejuvination. Yes, alone. No kids, no Chad - just me. The last time I had time off from the family was when Adam was a baby and I went to Mexico on a sisters' reunion...but actually, since I took Adam with me, that doesn't really count. So, suffice to say - it has been a very long time. It was kind of last minute, but sometimes those are the best ones. Anyway, I headed north and spent some time on the beach and then checked into a smallish hotel somewhere between Ventura and Santa Barbara. I bought a book, lay on the sand, and proceeded to relax. It was heaven. It lasted about 10 minutes. Then I had to get my phone out and start text-messaging Megan with instructions and questions. I think I spent more time on the phone than I did relaxing. I managed to stay gone overnight, but this morning I woke up with a fever, stuffy nose, very sore throat, and an upset stomach, and I just decided I wanted to go home and be sick in my own bed. So much for my great escape! Story of my life.

5 comments:

kstalder said...

Awww! Well, kudos for trying! Motherhood is 24/7-no escape. Hope you feel better soon.

rebecca said...

Ugh! I was beginning to envy your escape. So sorry you had to come home early.

AmyJune said...

that's horrible!! Better luck next time.

Nicole said...

That stinks! But good for you for taking the time for yourself. Don't wait so long next time though. You deserve it!

Teri said...

Should have invited your sisters...