Monday, June 22, 2009

Something is wrong with me...

This morning (at 6:15), I woke up with great anticipation: Monday = cleaning day. I couldn't wait to strap on the iPod and get cleaning/organizing. After nearly bursting into tears at the sight of Megan's bedroom on Sunday morning while I was frantically searching for Sophie's Sunday shoes, I was salivating to get my hands on it! I'm telling you, I was driven. A woman obsessed!

But I knew I couldn't wake up my lazy teenager before 9am to start, so I had to be satisfied with cleaning my kitchen and doing three loads of Chad's laundry. Megan and I got started at about 9:30, and at posting time, we have done a record 12 loads of laundry! Her bedroom hasn't been this clean since last summer, when I cleaned it and redecorated it while Megan was in UT with grandparents. Quite an accomplishment - and Megan is happy with it too (now she has three times the wardrobe that she thought she had!)

That wasn't enough, though, the beast within was growling for more...so I attacked my own closet with its laundry baskets full of clothing to be donated, mismatched socks, and random shoes scattered here and there. It was a battle, but I now have it all organized. I am not usually a clean-freak, and we definitely don't live in a museum. In fact, clutter continually threatens to take over. So I do not know where this crazy nesting thing came from.

But it is so satisfying, to have things all in order.

Now if it would only stay that way.

5 comments:

kstalder said...

Ahhh. Wish I was there to help. I love straightening/organizing/decluttering. I'm sure it looks great-and congrats to Megan on the new-found wardrobe! :)

AmyJune said...

Now can you come and be the magic cleaning fairy at my house. Maybe you are prego- haha, this is the only time I get that super cleaning urge.

rebecca said...

Yes, if only it would stay. It never seems to. I love to have things in order, but I'm the only one at this house. Good thing my playroom closet has a lock. :)

Teri said...

Can you send some of that energy/motivation my way? I've been lazy so far this summer...and I've got a good tan to prove it.

Laura said...

Haha! My closet is still spotless!