Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Summer is here!!!


Adam, "Smelly" (Danielle Sloan), and Megan at Lake Piru on Memorial Day

I love summer! No complaining from the kids for having to get up early. No rushing around in the mornings. No forgetting homework, lunches, or jackets and having to drive back down to the school to deliver them. No wracking my brain to come up with new and delicious ideas for lunches (that they will actually eat and not throw away). No nagging them to F-O-C-U-S! and get their homework done. No watching the clock to be sure I am not late for pick-up. No nagging them to get to bed early. No helping them with math! Aaahhh...

Cue the summertime joys:

Sleeping in. Playing at the beach, park, or in our backyard pool. Lunchtime? Oh, make yourself a peanut butter sandwich (it has protein). THEN, you can eat your popsicle, ice cream, or fudgesicle...or all three... Reading. Boating (I LOVE boating!!!). Watermelon, corn-on-the-cob, BBQ (grilled summer squash and zucchini - yum!). Scout Camp, Youth Conference, Girl's Camp, Soccer Camp, EFY, and visits to Grandma's house. Fourth of July (I LOVE the 4th!), Sam, Adam, and Chad's birthdays. Our Anniversary (17 yrs. this year!!). Of course, there is a little sibling rivalry and bickering. Which is clearly NOT a joy. But, when that happens, I send one for a jog, and one for a swim, and that usually works.

Of course, by the time school starts, I am ready for them to go. But I do love summer!

3 comments:

nikki said...

Amen sister! my birthday is July 24 and Lucas is 23rd!

kstalder said...

Oh, I'm sooo with you! However, it's rained for 12 days straight and sure doesn't feel like summer here...

rebecca said...

Yay for SUMMER! I love it. We have moments where I'd like to send one or two of them back to school, but for the most part . . . ahhhh, I love it. It's a great change of pace. Enjoy.