Monday, June 1, 2009

What an uplifting Sunday!


In spite of Satan's best efforts to drag us down (how does he KNOW?), yesterday was one of the best Sundays in years. Megan got her Patriarchal Blessing. We wanted it to be a very testimony-building experience for her, but it ended up being one for Chad and me too! I am humbled and awed by Heavenly Father's love for each of us and His personal knowledge of our strengths, weaknesses, and eternal potential. Recognizing the divine nature of my children has made me rethink my role as a mother. It is very humbling. Too easy to get caught up in the daily frustrations of raising strong, responsible, and respectful children - and to forget who they really are. I am so thankful for this reminder. I want to do better!

1 comment:

kstalder said...

What a wonderful day! I wish I had been more prepared for my blessing but, nevertheless, it was awesome and something I will never forget. I hope Megan feels the same. Tell her we are so proud of her.