Saturday, August 15, 2009

Happy Birthday, Chad!


Yesterday was Chad's birthday. It was also the 3rd Annual Wright Center for Orthdontics Patient Appreciation Party. Chad was so busy preparing for and performing (with the band) at this party that he never once thought of his birthday. But I did!
About a month ago, I started thinking about what I could get Chad for his birthday, as he is totally impossible to buy for and usually I just cross my fingers and buy something I think he might like, only to find it in the back of his closet a year later gathering dust. I also knew that with this big party for his office planned on his birthday, we wouldn't get to celebrate it. Suddenly, in the middle of an episode of "Cake Boss", it came to me. A designer cake! Delivered at the park! Make all the guests sing to him! Surprise Chad AND his guests! YES!!!

Ahhh! It worked. Chad loved that cake, as did all of the guests. It looked A M A Z I N G! It was so much fun to surprise him that I might have to do it again sometime (That's one of the fun things about Chad...he will forget and in a few years I can do it all again!).

More random pictures from the Wright Center Picnic:



I was so popular that night. Especially when I started cutting into the cake!

5 comments:

Mike & Dawn said...

Man, I wish we could have been there to see it all - the cake, the surprise, the band, the fun! Good job Laura (and Dr. Wright).

AmyJune said...

No kidding that is THE BEST cake I have ever seen. Great idea. I kind of want to be a patient just to get invited to his patient appreciation day parties.

kstalder said...

I love that you felt popular...that's cute. Happy birthday big brother!!!

Helen said...

I loved the whole thing, thank you guys! That cake was amazing! And our boys have been occupied non-stop with those cars, you guys rock!

Nicole said...

I've been dying to know what your big surprise was. (I go through the same anxiety at birthdays and Christmas) I LOVE it!! How fun! I totally love those cake shows - especially Ace of Cakes. Very clever! What bakery did you use?

Happy Birthday Chad! What a sweet wife you have!