
I have posted on here several times about New Harmony. My parents and sister live there and it is one of our family's favorite vacation destinations. It's a 7 1/2 hr. drive that we could make with our eyes shut. Vacations to New Harmony are cheap and require very little planning. Our lives are so complicated when we are at home, with work, music lessons, homeschooling, sports, church service, etc. that when we go away, we want to RELAX. The biggest decision that we have to make in New Harmony is whether to sleep in or get up. There is very little parenting necessary because there is no trouble for the kids to get in. And there are all these relatives who love my kids and actually enjoy entertaining them. I know, weird. Plus, they are all great cooks.
So anyway, I was in New Harmony twice this summer, and one night the moon was rising up over the "Five Fingers" - Kolob. It was breathtakingly beautiful, and the picture doesn't do it justice, but there it is.
2 comments:
Beautiful Laura. I'm glad you have a place of peace and rest! All our lives need that sometime.
That's beautiful!
You're so lucky to have that getaway for you and your family... time to rejuvenate and just be together!!
Post a Comment