Thursday, August 6, 2009

Separation Anxiety

This week, our family split up into three different directions: Chad and Adam went on a 30-mile hike in Yosemite with the Scouts, Megan went to Girls' Camp, and Sam, Sophie, and I went to visit my parents in New Harmony for the week. No one has cell phone service, yet we have all managed to keep in touch with each other via the odd text message that sneaks its way through.

Samples:

From Me to Adam: i love you son. be good. and i am not mad anymore about you forgetting to pack the wii power cord for us. love mom

Adam's response: i love u and miss u hope ur having fun i probably wont reply if u respond just know u r loved
(AWWW! I had to shed a quick tear)

From Me to Megan: smile and be happy, girlie! Girls' camp rocks!

Megan's response: Having fun :) made you a necklace.
(that's the last I have heard from her so I suspect her phone died...I HOPE it died and wasn't confiscated!)

From me to Chad: hello. i love you. how's the road trip going?

Chad's response: hi there! had to climb a big hill to even get 1 bar of service. doing well. adam too. hope you and the kids are good. miss you! and love you so much! i hope i have service and battery 2morrow so i can wish you happy anniversary! first 1 apart and i am sad. but i can't wait to see you on sat. be safe and i love you with all my heart!
oh, and it SNOWED last nite and this morn! horrible night sleeping. i didn't plan 4 this! we're at 9500 feet. lots of fun breathing.
(tomorrow is our 17 yr. wedding anniversary. I am sad to be apart too)

Saturday night we will all be reunited. I can't wait!

:o)

3 comments:

Teri said...

Don't you love texting? And BTW, I know that is not a current picture of your home on this blog because i can't see the fabulous new front yard.

ps Happy Anniversary!

kstalder said...

Wow. Who knew my brother was so sappy! :) Wanna let him rub off on Steve?

Laura said...

He may be a sap, but he's MY sap! :o)