Monday, June 7, 2010

Wright girls' night out






On Saturday, Megan and I went to a Lady Antebellum/Tim McGraw concert. Mainly, we went to see Lady A, and they were fabulous, but we ended up really liking Tim McGraw too. Which was very cool. But the things I think that we will remember the most are:
1) All the beer. And how drunk people act so stupid. I've seen it all before, but it was a real eye-opener for Megan. We watched people being escorted out of the venue for doing some pretty horrible stuff. Are all concerts like that, or just redneck ones?

2) Long lines just to get into the bathroom. What?

3) Smokers everywhere. In a state where people can't even smoke on the beach, this was a bit disconcerting. Not to mention smelly.

So we did sneak out a little early because the negatives began to outweigh the positives, but Megan was happy because she got to see Lady A, AND we got matching "American Honey" T-shirts. That picture will have to come later...
And, we got some awesome chatting time in the car on the 1 1/2 hr. drive there and back. Priceless! I love my little country-loving blondie daughter! She is growing up too fast but I am thankful to have bonding moments like these. Especially when they are educational too.

4 comments:

Teri said...

New haircuts?! We had the same experience when we went to Tim/Faith a couple of years ago. I think they make a LOT of $$ on the alcohol. Cute pics!

kstalder said...

Yep, country is my music of choice, too. I would have loved that concert! Glad you got the chance to go. Cute pics!

Nicole said...

Never seen Lady A, but I loved Tim in concert. Glad you gals had a great time together! Good teaching opportunities, I bet!

Helen said...

Good to see you guys there! Tim was a little crazier compared to all the other times i've seen him! Glad you gals had fun!