Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Funny, funny Adam

We have been having trouble with our microwave overheating and shutting completely off. I found out that Adam has been
"cooking" a chapstick in order to melt it so he could get it out of the cap. Adam got a good talking-to and I figured the matter
was finished.
Last night I came home from running an errand, and Adam greeted me at the door, just super-excited, saying, "Mom, Mom,
you're not going to believe this! It is freaky! I mean totally amazing! My prayer totally got answered!" He then proceeded to
tell me that the microwave had shut down again (yes, the chapstick found its way back in there again), and Adam knew he
would be in trouble, so he started praying, "Please bring the microwave back to life!" over and over again. About 15 minutes
went by with him continually praying this, while watching the microwave closely to see if it would come back on...when suddenly,
the lighted display DID come back on -
but it didn't show clock numbers, it scrolled this joyful phrase: "We bring good things to life."

Yes, it is a GE Profile microwave. (think about their advertising jingle "GE - We bring good things to life!")

The chapstick went in the trash...but Adam didn't get in trouble. And his prayer DID get answered - the microwave is working
great!

2 comments:

kstalder said...

Hmmm, I was thinking 'we bring good things to life' was a heavenly message of some sorts!

Jill said...

Cool story. Make sure he writes it down.