Saturday, January 24, 2009

Ideas! Help me pick a hobby!

I had an argument with my hubby this morning because he thinks that I need a hobby. Besides reading, that is. This, from the man who can't seem to focus and has tried about 100 different hobbies in his lifetime (weightlifting/body building, snowboarding, piano, singing, acting, novel writing, screenplay writing, lead singer in a band, wood-working, boating, waterskiing, motorcycling, wakeboarding, surfing, guitar, harmonica, nose flute, drawing/art, real estate investing, comedian, magician, and jewelry-making, just to name a few). He currently is working on 7 of those...all at once. Which is why my "hobby" is mostly housework and taking care of kid stuff...
Anyway, he promised me that I could have some time off to cultivate a hobby, so now I need some suggestions. The one stipulation is that it cannot be anything related to food, as I am currently on a diet. (That is where the argument came in. I wanted to go to school to become a pastry chef.) I look forward to seeing what ideas you can share!

6 comments:

rebecca said...

Hmmmm . . .

Gardening (food related, but I'm sure veggies are in your diet!)
Guitar
Photography
Scuba Diving
Scrapbooking, maybe try digital?
Sewing
Organize my master bedroom closet :)
Take an art class at MCC like pottery or interior design or painting . . .
Belly dancing?

Have fun!

Jill said...

Jewelry making is fun and you get to wear what you make! I can teach you how. There's also genealogy :) Devin told me to add that!

AmyJune said...

Piano
Voice lessons
sewing
smocking
crocheting
sign language
Spanish
Italian
Portuguese(the most beautiful language I might add)
First aid/ CPR
ceramics
ballroom dancing/swing dancing, salsa, samba-and CHAD gets to participate too.
oil painting
taking care of my kids..just kidding on that one.

Helen said...

SHOPPING! JK, well thats my favorite anyway.

I really only have time for a few these days, but this is what I do:
taking pictures & making them look neat (photoshop)
organizing
the gym
reading
running (still trying to love it)
a hip hop class
scrapbooking (non-digital)
making bracelets

exciting huh!? I'd love to hear about what you pick up!

The Knight's said...

Laura...
So fun to see your blog! I love it!
As for a hobby...believe it or not, I work at a scrapbook store and am really addicted. Now that we have Benjamin, it gives me a reason! Try it, I know you would be great at it!

Anonymous said...

You're a dog enthusiast.