Friday, April 12, 2013

Prom time!

It's that time again - prom season!  Adam is feeling well enough to go...and I am so excited!  I have only done prom with Meg, so doing it with a son is a bit different.  Of course I am doing most of the work but that's ok.  He found a cute girl in our ward that is a friend.  And I'll make sure he gets a good run/bike ride in so he'll be a bit more mellow.
Anyway, Meg gave us such a cute idea for asking the girl!  We bought a little goldfish and the bowl and accessories, and put a laminated little sign in it.  And then he put it on her front porch and ran.


Of course, she LOVED it!  Who wouldn't? 
(And yes, her name is Cricket.  Well, really Amelia, but she goes by Cricket and it fits her.  
Little and energetic.)

Anyway, to say yes, she gave Adam a big box of fishy crackers and a card with a smily face balloon that said, "of all the fish in the sea, I'm glad you chose me!"  I love Mormon prom.  I love Meg for helping out so much...and she is also going to be taking all of our pictures with that expensive camera she got for Christmas.  (WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WHILE MEG IS ON HER MISSION???  Adam is so blessed to have Meg for a sister.)  
I don't know if Cricket knows about the bipolar but they are going with a group of guys from the quorum who know all about it and they will keep an eye on Adam.  And the meds seem to be working ok so far.  Fingers crossed!




No comments: