Sunday, August 10, 2008

Beachy Fun!



Last week we had a cousin and a friend (Danielle Sloan) staying with us, so of course, we went to the beach. Twice. I am embarrassed to admit that this is the first time all summer that I have taken my kids to the beach - lousy mom! They had a blast, burying each other in the sand, building sand castles, boogie-boarding, body-surfing, and throwing seaweed at each other. Educational too! We learned that blow-up inner-tubes are illegal at the beach (but perfectly legal in our pool) because of the danger that a kid would just float awaaaayyy...like any marginally observant mom would let that happen! Also, did you know that when you pinch the seaweed pods, they make a satisfying popping sound? I entertained myself for at least 15 minutes with that. Kind of like bubble wrap.
Maybe we'll go to the beach again this summer....or maybe not. Twice in one week was alot. I still have sand stuck in my cell phone.

No comments: