So we bought a smallish used boat last summer and Chad fitted it up with a tower and a new bimini (shade thingy) this summer, and we had a big trip planned to Lake Powell to play with my Sis. Kay and her family on their houseboat. Unfortunately, due to about 25 annoying complications (including a lingering stomach flu, yuck), that vacation turned into a stay-cation. The kids mutinied. So we have been visiting local lakes. First, Lake Piru, then Pyramid Lake, and tomorrow, if everyone is up for it, Castaic Lake. Boating is SO much fun! We are hooked! We have had a few minor issues, like Adam wiping out so badly on the kneeboard that he cracked open his head and was bleeding all over the place. And Sophie getting a little sea-sick. But for the most part, it has been really quality family time. The best part is watching the kids try new things (wakeboarding) and really start to progress and excel. And I even drove the boat!!! I can't believe I drove the boat! I tried pulling Chad on the wakeboard...I think I need more practice with that one.
Here's Adam wakeboarding:
Here's Megan wakeboarding (she wouldn't let me post the video...only a still shot):
More fun boating footage:
6 comments:
We are so jealous about the boating. I don't think I have been in a boat since Bear Lake last year. Such great fun. And I love the first picture. If only Sophie were looking up... I'd totally photoshop your head in and make it a Christmas card :D
Keep having so much fun!
Hey Laura, I love your blog! Thanks friend, Jennifer
Very fun! I grew up boating w/ my family every summer and have the BEST memories! Your kids will always treasure those bonding moments. We boated at Bass Lake last month and had a blast! The memories come flooding back! Good times!!! Jay & I talk about getting a boat one day....
Mark had a great time with Chad and crew. Thanks for sharing the boat fun!
You will never regret family time on the boat! The pictures are great, but I'd like to see one of the tower.
How fun for the family.
Post a Comment