Monday, August 11, 2008

How to keep an old marriage new...

So last Thursday, Chad and I celebrated our 16th Wedding Anniversary. We didn't do much. I wrote him a little letter detailing my memories of the night before and the day of our wedding, and then got a little mushy about the past 16 years. He bought me a new purse. We went out to dinner the following night and did a little shopping for a new wakeboard at the Chick's tent sale. And, we played some practical jokes on each other.

This practical joking started a long time ago, but really picked up speed this past year. And I have to say, it keeps things interesting! We hide little plastic toys for each other in unexpected places (his best, texting me a picture of it, my best, putting it in his morning hot chocolate - who knew that a plastic fish would sink to the bottom of the mug?) Yesterday, I changed his sleep number on our bed - Chad usually sleeps at a 55 or 60, and I drained that sucker down to a very soft and mushy 5. When he rolled in for his Sunday afternoon nap, he got stuck! "What the heck?" I just giggled. But he got me back. Last night when I went to climb in bed (after a late night of blogging) my side of the mattress was hard as a rock! He had pumped that thing up to 100! I just giggled again. I'm so glad we make each other laugh. Now I just have to figure out what I can do to him next...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm on. Kalie's blog is fun too. Just don't use this as your excuse to avoid the family web site. Love you!

rebecca said...

He he! Happy 16!

Teri said...

Happy Anniversary! I don't think I can keep up with family websites, blogs AND the Olympics!

Mike & Dawn said...

Must be in the Wright genes! Ask Chad about the rubber mouse Mike and I hide back and forth....he's really scared me a few times with it!

Melissa C. said...

You guys are so cute! Happy Anniversary!